Good afternoon all. Here are some things to keep in mind this week and in the days to come:
Although this is coming to you late this week, it is not an April Fool’s joke.
2. Sunday morning prayer is at 8:15 in the conference room down the hall.
1. Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday (he writes with some measure of grumpiness)! Don’t forget to spring your clocks forward before coming to church this week.
Good Ash Wednesday everyone. Here are some things going on this week:
1. Since it is Ash Wednesday and all, it is worth mentioning that the season of Lent has begun. While Lent is not required in the Scriptures, this season of fasting has developed in the life of the Church as way to reflect on our need of Jesus and to reflect on the sufficiency of his work for us. If you are looking for a way to start stepping into some of the things we talked about (or I talked about) in Sunday’s sermon, Lent might be an opportunity to exercise those principles.
2. Sunday morning prayer is at 8:15 in the conference room down the hall (the swivel chairs room). Contact Lee & Laurie if you have any questions.
3. Sunday school is at 9am. Jeff & Elsa will be leading us as they talk about their upcoming return to Botswana. We’ll spend some time learning about their work there and how we can participate with them. We’ll also spend some time praying.
4. Worship is at 10am. Max will be preaching from Philippians 2:5-11.
5. Following the service, after a hiatus for renovations, it is potluck time! Here is the link to sign up ahead of time.
I think that is it for today. I hope to see you Sunday.
It’s Friday so here is what is going on this weekend (and a little bit after):
1. Sunday morning prayer is at 8:15 in the conference room down the hall.
2. Sunday school is at 9. This week Diana will finish up her class with the adults on the Puritans’ daily lives.
3. Worship is at 10am. Our sermon text is 1 Timothy 6:2b-10.
4. Next Sunday (March 5th) Jeff & Elsa will share in Sunday school about their upcoming return to Botswana. There will also be a potluck after the service so it will be a big day!
I think that is it for now. I hope to see you Sunday.
Happy Thursday to you all. Here is the news for this week:
1. I’m writing this from the now renovated worship space here at the church. The chairs are rearranged so come early and scope out your new seat. It will look different when you walk in so prepare yourself for that. If you are a musician, you’ll want to come a few minutes early this week too so that everyone can get wiggled into the right spots.
2. Sunday morning prayer is at 8:15.
3. Sunday school is at 9am. The adults will continue with Diana teaching us about the Puritans. Kids will be down the hall.
4. Worship is at 10am. Our sermon text is 1 Timothy 6:1-2.
5. Watch your inbox for the upcoming Mystery Fellowship Dinner. I’d put the details here but I thought it warranted its very own email.
That’s it for today. I hope to see you Sunday!
Good morning everyone. I thought it would be good to send out the news for the week early. Here you go:
1. Sunday morning prayer continues on Sunday at 8:15.
2. Sunday school is at 9. This week the adults shift from thinking about current events to thinking about how our history shapes us. Diana will be leading us on a three week class about the Puritans. Diana notes that our understanding of the Puritans is often clouded by myths and stereotypes so the goal of these three weeks is to come away with a clearer picture of how the Puritans really lived and what they really believed. Hooray for church history! That last part is from me…although Diana probably agrees.
3. Worship is at 10am. Our sermon text is 1 Timothy 5:17-25.
4. There is currently no plastic up in our worship space so you can finally get a feel for what things will eventually look like. I’m excited (I mean, as excited as I get…). There is still some electrical work to be done throughout the week but by the time you get here on Sunday we should only have some flooring left to be completed. Thanks for helping to keep an eye open for kids and safety.
That is it for today. I hope to see you this weekend!
Good morning everyone. There is plenty going on around the church these days so here is a quick run-down:
1. The Sunday morning prayer time is at 8:15am. Be sure and contact Lee and Laurie if you have any questions.
2. Sunday school is at 9am. The adults will finish up our class on loving and listening to our LGBTQ friends and neighbors.
3. Sunday worship is at 10am. Our sermon text is 1 Timothy 5:3-16.
4. The renovations of our worship space continue. I am hoping that the plastic will be down for Sunday but I can’t make any guarantees. One thing I am excited about is the extra light we will get. When the sun finally showed itself yesterday (after apparently being on vacation for most of January), the additional natural light in the worship space was significant.
5. Because the renovation schedule is still a bit tenuous we are not going to have a pot luck in February [insert sad trombone sound].
6. Finally… On April 29th we will have a “worship summit” at the church. The goal is to spend the morning discussing why and how we seek to form our worship at Lake Trails. It will part theology, part workshop, part Q&A, and part worshipping together. While music is one part of our worship, it isn’t a “music summit”. We will be looking at music, but also at other components to our liturgy as well as what it means to be a community of worshippers. If you are interested in learning more about worship at Lake Trails, come join us. Start time on the 29th is yet to be determined. Remember: this isn’t just for musicians.
That’s it for today. I hope to see you Sunday.
Good morning everyone. Here is this week’s update on what is happening:
1. Construction continues at a good clip. This week when you come to church you will see a new wall at the west end of the building. Things will be in a little better shape than last week but please continue to help keep little hands and feet away from any messes. Today and tomorrow are going to be busy days up here as the workers will be finishing the drywall. If you are a musician, it would be great if you could come a few minutes earlier than usual to get everything situated. Right now all of the instruments are up against the wall and covered in plastic…
2. Sunday school is at 9am. The adults will continue in our class on listening to and loving our LGBTQ neighbors. This week the emphasis is on what we can do.
3. Worship is at 10am. This week’s sermon text is 1 Timothy 5:1-2.
4. Because of the renovations there will not be a potluck on February 5th. I’ll get back to you on when the next one will be.
5. Finally, tomorrow (Saturday) is the next meeting of the Wisconsin Presbytery. Please pray that it is a useful day for the sake of Jesus’ work in Wisconsin.
I think that will do it. I hope to see you Sunday.