Announcements for 11/11/18
On November 7, 2018 - News & Events
Here are this week’s announcements and reminders:
1. Prayer: Sunday morning Prayer will meet at 8:15am in the Conference Room.
2. Sunday School: Sunday School for all ages will be at 9:00am.
3. Worship: Sunday morning worship is at 10:00am. Shaun’s sermon text is 1 Corinthians 16.
4. RUF Lectures: RUF UW-Madison (Reformed University Fellowship) is hosting Civil Rights Scholar Dr. Greg Thompson for three events this Friday and Saturday, November 9-10. If you want more information about the events or wish to register, please go to our Facebook page and look under “events” or find the events at Upper House’s website: https://www.upperhouse.org/events/
Friday, November 9th 12:00-1:30pm: Six Practices of the Church
Friday, November 9th 7:00-8:30pm: The Greatest of these is Love: Recovering the Voice of MLK
Saturday, November 10th 12:00-3:00pm: Cultivating Sustainable Faith in College
5. LTPC Ladies Book Club: Ladies, if you plan to attend the monthly book club at Emma’s home or have additional questions, please contact Emma (firstname.lastname@example.org). The first meeting is Sunday, November 11th at 7pm and the first book will be The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer and Barrows.
6. Operation Christmas Child: Don’t forget that completed shoeboxes should be brought to church by the morning of Sunday, November 18th to be collected by Sonja. Shoebox items leftover from previous years are still on a table next to the missions table. Help yourself to these items on the table to put into shoeboxes for this year’s outreach project. A gift of $9/shoebox for shipment costs should be given, either online or with a check enclosed in a filled shoebox. To understand more or to be inspired by this ministry, please go to samaritanspurse.org/occ. If you have any questions, please contact Sonja (email@example.com).
7. Save the Date – LTPC Ladies White Elephant Gift Exchange Party:
Ladies, you are invited to a White Elephant Gift Exchange party at Danielle’s house on Saturday, December 8th at 7:00pm. Bring a wrapped White Elephant gift to exchange. Light refreshments will be served. If you haven’t heard of this kind of party before, check this link http://www.wisegeek.org/what-i
s-a-white–elephant-gift-exchan ge.htm for more information.
Children’s Worship: Emma V. and Margaret B.
Communion: Sonja O.
Greeters: Peter and Marie K.
Nursery: Sunday School – Erin R. and Sarah S.
Worship – Sonja O. and Lindsey G.
Refreshments: Sonja O.