Here are the announcements and reminders for the first Sunday in Advent:
1. Prayer: Prayer is in the Conference Room 8:15am.
2. Sunday School: Sunday School for all ages is at 9:00am. The adults will resume the Survey of the Major Prophets class taught by Shaun.
3. Worship: Worship is at 10:00am. During Advent Shaun and Max will be preaching from John 3:16-17. Max will be preaching this Sunday.
4. Upcoming Sunday School Break: The last Sunday School classes before Christmas will be on December 10th. Classes will start again on January 14th.
5. Potluck and name tags: This Sunday immediately following the service we will be having our monthly potluck. Don’t forget to make a name tag when you arrive this Sunday! Sign up here when you know what you plan to bring: www.PerfectPotluck.com/GPRP3617
6. LTPC Ladies White Elephant Gift Party: Ladies, you are invited to a White Elephant Gift Exchange party at Danielle’s house in Madison on Saturday, December 9th at 7:00pm. Bring a wrapped White Elephant gift to exchange. Light refreshments will be served. Remember, a White Elephant gift can be anything that you want to “get rid of” – one girl’s trash is another girl’s treasure!
7. LTPC Ladies Christmas Cookie Party: Sarah will be hosting a Christmas Cookie Party for any LTPC ladies interested in cookie tasting, swapping, and decorating. The party will be on Monday, December 18th at 7:00pm at Sarah’s house in Verona.
Plan to bring at least 2 dozen (3-4 dozen is better but not required) of your favorite Christmas cookie if you wish to participate in the cookie swapping. Sarah will have some plates and trays available, but try to bring your own cookie containers. Please email your cookie recipe to Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as you know which cookie you will bring so that she can share the recipes with all guests and help prevent duplicates.
Children’s Worship: Joshua L.
Communion: Laura D.
Greeters: Kelly and Tim M.
Nursery: Danielle S. and Lynn H.
Refreshments: Kelly M.