Here are the LTPC announcements for the week of July 30th:
1. Prayer: Sunday morning prayer is at 9:15am in the Conference Room.
2. Worship: Worship is at 10:00am. The sermon text this week is 2 Timothy 4:1-8.
3. Corn Roast: Remember that this event will be taking place on Saturday, August 19th (4:30pm) at Rennebohm Park. Stay tuned for more details or contact Elise (email@example.com) if you wish to help with this event.
4. Children’s Worship Leaders: The last few weeks of summer still need several Children’s Worship leaders. Please sign up for a Sunday on the Information Table if you can serve our children in this way!
5. Nursery Volunteers: Please contact Danielle (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would be willing to serve in the nursery. She will be making the schedule for the next few months very soon. Perks of serving in the nursery: You get to spend time with adorable kiddos, chat with other nursery volunteers, earn the gratitude of Lake Trails parents, AND snack on goldfish crackers!
6. Tour of Madison for International Students: Here is a message from Bob about the tour – The Tour of Madison for International Students is going to be held on Sunday, August 27th. We’ll need volunteers to serve as drivers and readers for the event, which runs from 1:30 to 6:30.
To be a driver, you need a vehicle with room for three other people. To be a reader, you need to…speak clearly. It’s a wonderful opportunity to extend hospitality to people who may be getting their first taste of the United States. Lake Trails has participated in four of the past five years. There have been instances where ongoing relationships have come out of the tour. The tour ends with a reception in volunteers’ homes, where conversations and introductions can continue. The Spencers have volunteered the manse as the reception home; all we need are people to get ’em there, and snacks for them to eat while there.
Sign up sheets for the tour are on the Missions Table at church. Or, you can contact Bob by email (email@example.com) or talk to him at church with any questions.
Children’s Worship: Danielle S.
Communion: Susan E.
Greeters: Avery S. and Bob B.
Nursery: Peter K. and Debbie B.
Refreshments: Mechelle S.